Launchpad bug statuses

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Wed Oct 3 16:50:35 BST 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 02:54:53PM +0200, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> > Who is going to add upstream projects for the thousands of packages in Ubuntu?
> > I don't imagine this approach is very scalable.
>
> I agree with that. It doesn't look valid for thousands of packages, but
> even for one I don't think it's Ok. Not because of the work, but why
> should we have an upstream bug tracker if we aren't upstream?

There is some confusion here. Launchpad allows you to register a project
and to indicate that it uses an external bugtracker. Firefox is one such
example project (bug there are many):

   https://edge.launchpad.net/firefox

We're not suggesting having an additional Firefox bug tracker in
Launchpad, but instead, just knowing that Firefox uses b.m.o.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125