Launchpad bug statuses

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Wed Oct 3 16:47:49 BST 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 02:46:11PM +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> (1) Package versions in bugs.

Captured from the bug reporter, or something else?

> (2) Bug statuses that are self-explanatory, so that a user/triager/developer
> will do the right thing w.o. having to read the aforementioned page in the
> first place. I guess the lengthy discussion in this thread showed that this
> is not the case with your proposal.

I question whether any bug status will ever be self-explanatory. The
fact that they need to be short means that there will always be some
ambiguity in them, and the best we can do is document, teach and guide
people into doing the right thing.

I have been toying for a long time with the idea that a status dropdown
is actually not the best way to guide people to using statuses properly.
I just haven't summoned up the guts to try and push this through while
getting flamed to death <wink>.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125