Launchpad bug statuses

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Wed Oct 3 16:23:34 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 09:58:05PM +0100, Tom Berger wrote:
> > If the person doesn't change the status, it will show up in the
> > "Incomplete (with response)" report. Yay. But then, what happens if the
> > developer looks at the bug and then says "Can you also include a core
> > dump please"? He's probably not going to change the status to New and
> > then back to Incomplete, which means that the bug will still show up in
> > "Incomplete (with response)" report (since date_incomplete or whatever
> > won't be updated), and yet it doesn't have a response.
[...]
> Two things we could do:
>
> * Add a 'still-incomplete' button which sets `date_incomplete` to now.
> You'll have to posses a pretty good understanding of the workflow to know

If the button said "This bug still needs more information" then I think
it might be clear enough. But let's consider your other suggestion.

> * Make the incomplete statuses primitive, but transition automagically from

By primitive I assume you mean a separate enum item.

> `Incomplete (without response)` to `Incomplete (with response)` when a user
> submits a new comment to a bug that was previously marked `Incomplete
> (without response)`.

Hmmm. What would we display in the "regular" status dropdown? That
sounds like it's going to end up more complicated.

Why don't we use half of this idea to reset date_incomplete? I.e. if a
new comment is submitted to the bug, we reset date_incomplete, and allow
somebody to say "This bug still needs more information" to set it back.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125