Launchpad bug statuses

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Tue Oct 2 21:58:40 BST 2007

Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> The handling of Incomplete
> when a person provides more information is at the moment vague; if the
> person provides information, what should they do to the status?

Whatever the concensus ends up being on this, this should definitely be
communicated to the bug reporters more clearly than it is.  As an end
user I've done all of: set to new, set to confirmed, and add comments to
the bug -- since I didn't know what to do on it. (in particular, I
didn't know the developers had a "with response" display on their queries.)

If a parenthetical (Information Provided) were to be added to the status
when a comment was added by the reporter, that would give a clue to the
reporter that they didn't need to change the status manually. (the
"Information Provided" text would be equivalent to (with response) on
the report)

The parenthetical could then be removed when the developer commented
without updating the status (implying that they'd asked for further
information and the bug was still incomplete).

-Alex Mauer "hawke"