Unmaintained Packages in universe, was: Tor Packages

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 2 05:25:10 BST 2007

On 9/28/07, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Of course this only happens for a very small number of packages. A lot
> of packages in universe are not actively maintained, and it's fine to
> just leave them as they are; they might be useful for somebody still.
> But upon such explitit requests I am all for good housekeeping.

Is there a list some place of packages that are not actively
maintained? Perhaps we could correlate that with popcon data and find
some low hanging fruit; I could then approach upstreams and we could
work out problems before it gets to the "bad reputation for upstreams"
stage.

Since it's a small number of packages this could be something I could
track regularly.

--
jorge