Specify component in apt repository and packages

Marc Franquesa marc.franquesa at gmail.com
Sat May 5 13:15:16 BST 2007

Hi!,

First let me excuse becuase I don't speak english very well and second
because I don't know I'm writing to the correct list to ask this.

I made some packages for ubuntu (new packages not in ubuntu not in
debian), I think that the release numbering that I must use for them
is 0ubuntu<release-number>, ¿Could someone say me if I'm doing well?

Second, I made a trivial apt-repository: A repository with a single
directory with mixed sources and deb packages with the Release,
Packages.gz, and Sources.gz, and with the Release.gpg signed file.

I specify in the Release file that the packages are for the 'extras'
or 'multiverse' component, but when I search them in synaptic,
synaptic shows them as 'main' packages.

I don't know if this is the default behaviour, I forgot to do
something or if the problem is that I'm using a trivial repository
(without pools).

¿How can I specify to which components belong the packages?

Thanks

--
"If you don't know where you're going,
any road will take you there" - Lewis Carroll