xxms into universe?

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at ubuntu.com
Tue May 15 07:29:01 BST 2007

Kees Cook wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'd like to propose moving xmms into universe.  There is no longer any
> upstream development[1] (and as such, security vulnerabilities aren't
> being fixed -- I created the most recent patch for the skin loader
> vuln).  Debian's package has been recently adopted, otherwise I'd be
> proposing dropping it from the repository totally.  :)

I agree we should move it universe and if the new Debian maintainer is active
keep it there, otherwise just purge it from our archives.

> Additionally, when xmms is no longer in main, the only package still
> keeping gtk1.2 in main will be "evms-gui", if I'm reading correctly.

evms has always been a bit of an issue for us. Do we still want to support it at
all? I wouldn't mind to see evms in universe too.
Our installer doesn't cope with it (neither desktop or text) and afaict only a
few expert users can benefit from it.

Fabio