Upstart, what's new in feisty ?

Ulrik Mikaelsson ulrik.mikaelsson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 23:31:29 GMT 2007

Will there be a push for moving more of the Ubuntu init over to
upstart, rather than the upstart-compat-sysv?

I recall an ambition stated when upstart was introduced in Edgy, to
decline packages without upstart script in Edgy+2, and I've been
holding on to that hope, waiting for a proper signal to hook up one of
my own upstart-scripts. :) (Btw, if anyone needs a complete
script-frame for starting openvpn and connect it to a bridged
interface, just drop me a note and I'll send it.)