Accepted ndiswrapper 1.38-1ubuntu1 (source)

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Fri Mar 30 00:04:11 BST 2007

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 08:45:10AM -0000, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>> Changes:
>>  ndiswrapper (1.38-1ubuntu1) feisty; urgency=low
>>  .
>>    * Merge from debian unstable, remaining changes:
>>      debian/control:
>>      - Update description to point out that the kernel source package is
>>        not required with the standard Ubuntu kernel.
>
> Any reason not to simply drop the -source package in Ubuntu?  That would
> make it much more obvious.

AFAIK, people use it to build custom kernels.

>>      - Change the Maintainer address.
>>    * Closes many bugs (LP: #32275, #65779, #92155, maybe others)
>
> At least some of these bugs sound like they're related to the package name
> change from ndiswrapper-utils to ndiswrapper-utils-1.9, so I don't see how
> your upload fixes them.  Can you explain?

#32275: Ndiswrapper no longer works with Netgear MA111
- seems that I closed the wrong bug, or one bug too many ;)

#65779: ndiswrapper not dash friendly.
- actually, this was fixed already by the previous release but not
closed

#92155: request to update
- pretty clear to me