Using xdg-user-dirs for the gutsy desktop

Saad Shakhshir shakhshir at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:18:58 BST 2007

What is templates for?  And what is special about Public - by default users
can read each other's home directories anyway.  If the default global read
for users is turned off then I can understand why you would have a public
folder - otherwise unless it means there is global write access to the
folder I'm not sure why it's there.