New Spec for easy network file sending

Wolfgang Silbermayr wolfgang at silbermayr.at
Fri Jun 1 14:53:48 BST 2007

Lucas Rocha schrieb:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I think you might want have a look at one of the GNOME SoC projects
> for this year:
>
> Title: Simple user-to-user file transfer without configuration in a LAN
> Student: Marco Barisione
> Mentor: Sjoerd Simons
> http://code.google.com/soc/gnome/appinfo.html?csaid=E4F16D57DEE9359E
>
> I guess this is exactly what you're looking for. Let me know if you
> need help on contacting Marco.

Well that's interesting. I browsed many Google SoC projects that were
approved, but I didn't stumble upon that one. I would be really glad to
contact Marco. Do you have any contact data that you could send me
personally?

Does not seem as if he would want to use the obex protocol for his
solution. I could not read exactly what he would like to use, but seems
to have something to do with telepathy.

One of my thoughts why I want to use obex is the fact that more and more
mobile devices (phones, PDAs, hopefulli cameras in future etc) have wlan
built-in, and there are obex implementations for mobile devices with
bluetooth anyway. It would be quite easy to expand this method for
sending ringtones from computer to mobile phones or images from camera
to the pc.

If I get his email address, I will contact him to ask what his plans are
and how much effort he has already invested in these plans.

Thanks so far, Wolfgang.