where is the installer's srouce?

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 3 10:18:51 BST 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 12:34:40PM -0500, Carl Karsten wrote:
> Where can I find the sources to the Alternate CD installer?
>
> I am trying to figure out what dhcp client package is used so I can figure out
> what dhcp options will impact what gets written to /etc/resolve.conf
>
> And now and then I have other questions about the installer that could be
> answered by looking at the source.

Someone else answered your question about the installer, but the simple
answer is that we use the ISC DHCP client.

Note that, unlike many other distributions, the alternate installer (which
is derived from Debian's installer) is modular, and is managed in a very
decentralized way.  The sources for the installer are spread across many
packages, sharing code with installed components and the desktop CD
installer (ubiquity) in a manner which could surely do with some
documentation one of these days.

--
 - mdz