Announcing wineui

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 1 14:35:14 BST 2007

There is already a clearlooks msstyle but it would need tweaking to
work properly with wine - it was designed for Windows but it DOES work
(very slowly for me) on wine.

I guess for someone who knew what they were doing, optimising it for
the parts of the API that wine implements fast/well might not be too
hard...? Looking at the screenshot I notice a drop shadow on the
windows that I didn't know Windows drew - if this theme is drawing
that then perhaps that is the reason for the slowdown?

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18591720/ is the link. (notice
that Windows with clearlooks actually looks kinda nice!).

It is GPLd, and I emailed the author a while ago about whether they
had any time/inclination for optimising it for Linux/wine - I got no
reply...

Hope that helps,

Who