[Was Re: Linux Desktop Testing Project] "Go and Play For QA" or Ubuntu Desktop Testing

Sivan Greenberg sivan at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 18 22:48:37 BST 2007

> Agree. You might also want to look at Accerciser which can record
> dogtail scripts but has a richer interface for exploring the AT-SPI data
> i the apps.

I'll take a look at that, I've been trying to play with the currently
shipped recorder that comes with the Ubuntu package, but for some odd
reason when recording scripts that involve the panel, it will start on the
leftmost uppper corner of the desktop instead of "playing" a recorded
"Add/Remove" applet test, that is - moving the cursor to the appelt that
was used for the recording. I think it's essential that we get a good tool
to do the recording since  that will buy us a very quick way to having
community participation in the perliminary test authoring process.

> One interesting question is how do we deal with apps that have been
> patched differently by the two distros. One approach might be to have a
> core script upstream and just have some tiny imports for the
> differences. Python should make that easy.

Indeed. A very interesting point. We should discuss this with Will Woods
when we can get a hold of him.

> Indeed and we can track tests with: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATracker

Hmm, kind-of reminds me a spec I long ago registered , take a look here[1]
maybe you would like to re-use the spec entry on LP  ;) See if you can
borrow anything from my spec that seems to be now on the private LP wiki,
not sure how comprehensive it was but surely has some more ideas to merge.

[1]: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/launchpad/+spec/launchpad-qa-management

Thanks,

Sivan