Ubuntu Studio built by Canonical using Universe.

Matthias Klose doko at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 5 10:15:08 BST 2007

Peter Savage schrieb:
> On 04/07/07, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen at canonical.com> wrote:
>>
>> * "Cory K."
>>
>> | Getting all the packages Ubuntu Studio uses into Main. I
>> | respectfully say I don't see this as a viable option as we use MANY
>> | packages from Universe. Here's our package list as of Feisty:
>> | https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/PackageList
>>
>> Can you make a split of this list between what's already in main and
>> what isn't?
>>

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/PackageList/MainDeps/
>
> Hope this helps, if really required, I can get a split list of what is in
> and what is not.

some (incomplete) comments:

Total number of unmet deps: 161
1   libgtkmm-dev
1   libgtkmm1.2-0c2a
4   libsigc++-1.2-5c2
4   libsigc++-1.2-dev
1   libsigc++-dev
1   libsigc++0c2
3   libwxgtk2.4-1
3   libwxgtk2.4-dev
3   wx2.4-headers

afaicr all these come with wxwindows2.4; we do not want to have such an old
version in main; please evaluate if it can be dropped, replaced by wxwidgets2.6
(or better by wxwidgets2.8).

36  type-handling

we don't want this in main

  Matthias