Bug workflow - a wider view

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Thu Jul 5 01:30:31 BST 2007

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 03:37:59PM -0700, Jordan Mantha wrote:
> Overall it seems like maybe we are trying to do too much within
> Ubuntu/Launchpad and maybe we need better methods of forwarding and working
> with upstreams so that we can off-load work where it belongs.

One of the top issues we discussed at last week's Launchpad planning
sprint was how to do better forwarding of bugs upstream. This covered a
number of areas:

    - Simplified upstream bug filing, using the user's own credentials,
      to both Bugzilla and debbugs

    - Comment synchronizing and remote comment display

    - Attachment synchronizing

    - Other options for credentials for upstream bug filing, using
      authentication plugins, special forwarder accounts and more.

    - Forwarding of bugs to email addresses (for the
      upstream-is-a-mailing-list use case)

These are all improvements scheduled for the next six months in
Launchpad; ask me for specifics in two week's tim and I'll be able to
give you target milestones for them.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125