SRU policy for universe, #2

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 29 07:27:02 GMT 2007

Hi,

I just became a new ubuntu-archive member and will help with SRU
processing now.

Stefan Potyra [2007-01-23  0:17 +0100]:
> as of tonights MOTU meeting, we decided on the following changes regarding
> SRU's for universe:
>
> * the member of motu-sru, which gives the 3rd ACK, will also take care for
> uploading a package to -proposed (regardless if the request comes from a MOTU
> or non-MOTU).
> * ubuntu-archive should only check, if the version number for an SRU
> hitting -proposed is sane, and then accept the package.

This works fine for me. I would not be able to do the pre-upload
review for universe packages, but as long as I only need to look into
the queue, check the debdiff, and will generally find something sane,
there should not be long delays.

> Currently there won't be any changes regarding -updates.

Your previous mail mentioned
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Processes/SRURedone, but this page does
not exist. Where's the current policy written down?

Thanks,

Pitti

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de