Use of Ubuntu trademarks by derivatives (Re: Concerns)

Jordan Mantha mantha at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 10 20:58:32 GMT 2007

Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> Matt Zimmerman napisał(a):
<snip>

> Thanks a lot for explanations :)
> I think it would be useful to have a webpage and mailing list for
> discussing Ubuntu derivatives as with growing Ubuntu popularity, there
> will be more and more derivatives. What do you think about it?
>
> If not a webpage, I can prepare a wiki page summarizing these rules.

I think at least a mailing list (ubuntu-derivative ?) for discussion of
common problems and solutions and a wiki page with derivative "best
practices" would be a definite help to the larger Ubuntu community.
There are a few derivatives (Ichthux, Ubuntu Studio, and potentially
Fluxbuntu) which are developed within Ubuntu so I think it would be nice
to have a place for coordination and cooperation. There are also some
development issues that come up from time to time that would be helpful
to have a place to center discussion.

My $.02

-Jordan