New feature: zeroconf networking by default, please test

Ulrik Mikaelsson ulrik.mikaelsson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 13:02:09 GMT 2007

I have a small glitch with this in Feisty.

My ISP:s DNS servers replies on queries to the .local-domain, with an
A record, pointing to 127.0.0.1. This confuses avahi-daemon, that
shuts down. The problem is though, it seems to restart itself after a
while, only to detect the problem again, and shut down. Each time a
small popup is displayed to the user (through the gnome-panel-applet I
suspect) that's annoying to me, and probably confusing to the average
user.

How shall this be dealt with? Personally I've setup a local forward
DNS and at the same time filed a complaint to my ISP, but I guess
neither will my ISP care, and the average user wouldn't even know what
to do in this case.

Regards
/ Ulrik