Access to build environments Ready-ish

Brandon Holtsclaw imbrandon at kubuntu.org
Sun Feb 25 01:33:18 GMT 2007

Evening fellow Ubuntu-ites , for those of you that made it to UDS Mountain
View or hang out in #ubuntu-motu know it has been brought up various times
about access to systems to build packages on other archs they may not have
access to such as ppc or sparc, or they may be at their bandwidth limit and
need a machine to download sometimes the many many dep's for a package to
work on a simple patch ( those of you in AU and NZ seem to be affected by
this alot )

Anyhow to make a long story short I have done the initial work to get this
going and have setup some buildd with pbuilders for
breezy,dapper,edgy,feisty, and sid

The accounts on these boxes are synced with LP from the ubuntu-dev and
ubuntu-core-dev members that have ssh-keys added to their account. here is
the specific server info :

Admins : imbrandon , ajmitch ( so if you need a package installed poke one
of us, most common dev packages should be installed )
Login with your public keys that are listed on LP to :

i386 == ssh <lp-id>@aurora.ubuntuwire.com
sparc == ssh <lp-id>@sparky.ubuntuwire.com
x86_64 == ( not yet online )
ppc == ( not yet online )
other arches == not yet planned

You can keep up with what servers are online and other info at
http://www.ubuntuwire.com/build-network/ I will try to keep that page
updated with the latest info and instructions as to not spam the list with
every little update that is made to the servers. If i forgot to mention
something or you have questions feel free to drop me a line.

--
Brandon Holtsclaw
imbrandon at kubuntu.org
http://www.imbrandon.com