Bughelper Report 2

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 22 15:27:24 GMT 2007

Hello everybody,

We've been quite busy at fixing bugs the last two weeks and managed to
fix all the 0.1 milestone bugs. [1] So now is a good time to test
bughelper, improve documentation, and so on - so we can release 0.1.

There are also some other bugs open at the moment, so there's enough to
get involved with.

[1] https://beta.launchpad.net/bughelper/+milestone/0.1
[2] https://beta.launchpad.net/bughelper/+bugs

Here a bunch of changes we did since the last report:

      * improved documentation - manpages, tutorials, etc.
      * bughelper uploaded to Ubuntu
      * apport uses bits of bughelper internally
      * lots of bugfixes to make bughelper more robust and more accurate
      * treat the use bin="not" in the clue files correctly
      * add '--upstream' option, that not only considers upstream bugs
        too
      * add '--heuristic' option, that will try all clues on bugs that
        have no source package assigned and bugs whose package has no
        clue file yet
      * bugnumbers - option to count quantity of bugs (--stats)
      * added --status and --importance arguments to bugnumbers

Statistics:
      * 94 commits (+28),
      * 35 bugs fixed (+12),
      * 24 clues (+8),
      * 13 contributors (Henrik Nilsen Omma, Daniel Holbach, Dean Sas,
        Vassilis Pandis, Brian Murray, Fernando Ribeiro, Luca Falavigna,
        Colin Watson, Alex Muntada, Markus Korn, Torsten Spindler,
        Padmanabhan Palanivelu, Michael Vogt) - if I forgot YOU, let me
        know and I'll add you to the list. :-)

Join the Bughelper crew today.
 Daniel