packaging X11R7.2

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Fri Feb 9 22:21:29 GMT 2007

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007, Timo Aaltonen wrote:

> I've now built most of xorg 7.2 successfully in a Feisty chroot, roughly
> in this order (note, these are the packages that were updated in the
> release, and for instance x11proto-core is the only new proto-package
> which isn't already in feisty):

A quick update: mesa merge done, but more importantly:

Debian X Strike Force already holds most of the bits in their git
(git.debian.org) in the debian-experimental branch, too hidden for me to
find two days back.. duh :) The components are being released to
experimental, so far there are:

x11proto-core_7.0.10-1
x11proto-damage_1.1.0-1
x11proto-randr_1.2.0-1
libice_1.0.3-1
libsm_1.0.2-1
libx11_1.1.1-1
libxau_1.0.3-1
libxaw_1.0.3-1
libxext-1.0.3-1
libxi_1.1.0-1
libfontenc-1.0.4-1
xdm-1.1.4-1
xft_2.1.12-1
xorg-server_1.2.0-1

more to follow soon.

Xorg-server needs a new merge now, since there's good stuff in the debian
version. Tomorrow I hope to begin testing these on my box, and maybe put
them somewhere for those who want to test.