packaging X11R7.2

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Thu Feb 8 08:20:20 GMT 2007

 	Hi!

   Keeping xorg in shape is a community effort right now, so despite the
looming UVF in <gasp> 8 hours I (and others on #ubuntu-devel) started to
package the practically-already-released X.org X11R7.2 last night. So far
I've updated all the libraries (~27 packages), and now I'm doing the
app-directory from the 7.2 tree.

So far it has been really easy, dropping included patches where they were
applied upstream etc, but most packages didn't need even that much. LibX11
has been most problematic so far, but I merged the version in Debian
experimental (1.1) and the current version in feisty with the new upstream
(1.1.1) and it looks good.

I've yet to decide how to publish these for testing, and bzr on LP was
suggested. I'll let you know later.

If someone is interested in giving a hand, poke me on #ubuntu-devel
(tepsipakki) for a coordinated effort.