Promotion of colorblind to main

Emmet Hikory emmet.hikory at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 01:25:59 GMT 2007

Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> Note that the gnome-mag maintainer Carlos Diógenes is winding down
> development of gnome-mag [1] due to time constraints but also because a
> promising magnifier eZoom in Compiz is available [2]. A color filter
> plugin for Compiz is also available [3], already in main.

    Given that Compiz does not work well  (or at all) for many with
older hardware, and that while most of the default supplied content is
completely usable for those unable to effectively differentiate some
colors, third party content is not always so considerate, I'm not sure
that the existence of a color filter plugin for Compiz is sufficient
reason to not compile gnome-mag against libcolorblind.

    If there is interest in replacing gnome-mag in main with the
Compiz plugins referenced above, please discuss that separately from
this inclusion request: it would be unfortunate to block this
inclusion without a corresponding demotion of gnome-mag to universe,
so as to be able to link against libcolorblind.

--
Emmet HIKORY