End users nominating bugs for the next release?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Aug 29 02:32:07 BST 2007

Scott James Remnant <scott at ubuntu.com> writes:
> On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 22:32 +1000, Daniel Pittman wrote:
>
>> G'day.  I hit a bug with the udev package (bug 133773, [1]) that causes
>> the boot process to fail on any[2] MD array with version 1.0 metadata.
>>
>> I think this is something that should be fixed before the Gutsy release,
>> so I nominated it, plus the patch that fixes it, for the gutsy release
>> through launchpad -- but that seemed ... ambitious to me.
>>
>> Is that actually the right path for me to follow?  Is there a better way
>> for me to do this, or should I have expected one of the developers to
>> assess and tag this?
>
> It's only been a week since it was filed, which has had a (UK) public
> holiday and a Milestone release in it -- so it's not unreasonable that
> it has no reply yet.

Eck.  That came across very differently from the way I intended, and I
want to apologise for that.

I actually felt bad that I had gone and suggested it as being that
important rather than just leaving it in the hands of the developers,
because I don't know that I /should/ be bothering y'all with my ideas of
what matters and what doesn't.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that it should have had a response or
that you, or any of the other developers, had failed because you hadn't
attended to my problems promptly.

I am very sorry that my message came across that way, and I do
appreciate the work that y'all put into this.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Daniel Pittman <daniel at cybersource.com.au>           Phone: 03 9621 2377