Using Tags in Debian Bugs

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Thu Aug 23 15:57:19 BST 2007

On 23/08/07 at 09:41 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Thursday 23 August 2007 04:05, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > Lucas Nussbaum explains in
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Debian/Usertagging how to make use of
> > Debian User Tags. It will make it easier to track the origin of bugs and
> > patches. Thanks for that Lucas.
> >
> > So if your work-flow comprises of forwarding patches to Debian using
> > Debian bug reports, please check out the link above and make use of
> > them.
>
> Are those tags agreed to by anyone in Debian (does Debian policy support their
> use)?
>
> Myself, I think that submissions to the Debian BTS should be based on Debian
> policy, not unilateral Ubuntu policy, so I wanted to check and see.

Those tags are usertags, not "normal", global tags: everybody is free to
add their own usertags on the Debian BTS, with the meaning one choose.
There are only visible if you know the "user" for which the tags are added.
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |