Compiz by default ?

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 16 10:06:29 BST 2007

Le mercredi 15 août 2007 à 11:46 +0200, Michael Vogt a écrit :

> The above regressions make composite-by-default something we really
> need to discuss. The question is if we should tradeoff the usability
> improvments and blink improvements for the above regressions.

There is also the question to know if compiz does a good job as a window
manager (you know the boring things like handling windows placement
correct, not going in the user way, etc ;). Actions like workspaces
switching are also much slower at the moment when using compiz (when
going from worskpace 1 to 8 you have to watch it scrolling between those
when it used to be an immediate action)

Do we have a list of bugs that should be fixed before gutsy somewhere
(like not eating 1 pixel around the screen, make the number of
workspaces consistent with GNOME, etc)?

Sebastien Bacher