First major gutsy breakage

manchicken manchicken at notsosoft.net
Sun Apr 29 16:27:21 BST 2007

On Saturday 28 April 2007 12:43:45 Colin Watson wrote:
> It was only a matter of time ...
>
> If you're uploading anything to gutsy involving compiled code, you'll
> probably get build failure notifications from at least some of the
> amd64, i386, and sparc build daemons. This is due to a glitch in the
> kernel build triggered by the buildds switching over to using dash as
> /bin/sh, which produced broken kernel header stubs in linux-libc-dev.
> The relevant folks are working on it and failed builds will be retried,
> so don't worry too much about these build failure notifications for now.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at ubuntu.com]

I'm getting lots of locale errors, too...

Setting up sharutils (4.2.1-15) ...
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"

/usr/lib/locale is empty...  is anybody else having this problem, or is it
just me?  Thanks.

--
~ manchicken <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer.