Accepted xresprobe 0.4.24ubuntu1 (source)

Jerone Young jerone at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 17:15:06 BST 2007

This is a bit off topic. Post feisty xrespose should be totally
eliminated and replaced. I've seen your proposal for this here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SimpleXModeSelection

The elimination of xrespose would be great as it would resolve
problems as seen here for example:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xresprobe/+bug/27667
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/67369

Distros such as Suse do not seem to have these problems with monitor
detection. While Fedora/Redhat is now totally dependent on X to detect
optimal resolutions for the monitor.

This just seems to be one of those issues in Ubuntu that can easily go
away by replacing xrespose with something more common and up to date.