users of archives of ubuntu-bugs and desktop-bugs on lists.ubuntu.com

James Troup james.troup at canonical.com
Thu Apr 5 19:15:04 BST 2007

Hi,

We're having problems on lists.ubuntu.com with the archiver
(pipermail) getting backed up on specific lists.  It can cope with
most lists but simply doesn't scale to the level of traffic that's on
both ubuntu-bugs and desktop-bugs.  We've disabled archiving on these
lists[1] as an emergency measure so that lists.ubuntu.com can work
properly again.

However, we'd like to know who's interested in the archives of these
lists and why so that we can plan how to fix the problem properly in
the long term.

So, if you're a user of these archives, please let us know and tell us
why (since the contents of the lists are also obviously also/already
available indefinitely on Launchpad).  Thanks.

--
James

[1] We are however keeping copies of the emails to re-inject later if
    these archives are important to people.