So I cleaned out the spam trap...

Simon Law sfllaw at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 29 17:06:54 BST 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 02:04:12PM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 04:44:07PM -0400, Simon Law wrote:
> > >
> > > I agree; it should be sent elsewhere.  CCing Simon for input on the most
> > > effective place to send it.
> >
> > Probably a new mailing list or something.  If you send it to -bugs, it
> > will just blackholed by everybody.
> >
> > What do you guys think of a ubuntu-closed-by-debian at l.u.c?
>
> I think it's a bit much to have a list dedicated to this information.
> Perhaps it should go to the bugsquad?  I usually don't like to mix automated
> mail with discussion lists, but I think that's the target audience for this
> report.

I'm unsure that most on the BugSquad would be interested in this.  I
don't see many people trawling through closed Debian bugs trying to tie
them into Ubuntu bugs.  Especially when we have new bugs of our own to
process.

It seems like MOM's notification would be more useful to people who have
adopted a set of packages.  Then they'd just filter on the ones they're
keen on.  To me, this sounds like a separate list, or a smart
subscription feature like what Malone has.

Cheers,
--
Simon Law                                 http://www.law.yi.org/~sfllaw/