Edgy Usplash. Hacks/Options?

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Sat Sep 30 20:11:31 BST 2006

I love the look of the Edgy Usplash screens (I have Ubuntu, Kubuntu and
Xubuntu).

What I miss from the Dapper/Version is (and forgive my terminology here)
the scrolling list of startup services (which I presume are descendants
from similar display in GRUB bootsplash screens).

Since I've recently discovered that switching from one Usplash to
another (e.g. Kubuntu to Ubuntu) requires some undocumented procedures)
I was wondering if there is an undocumented procedure/hack to get the
startup services to appear in the Edgu Usplash screens (or a way to
look "behind" the Usplash screen -perhaps via an function key?)

If not, did anyone consider that users might miss this?

I won't argue that aesthetically the current Uspash screens rock. They
really do look great (particularly the Ubuntu one).  But I do miss the
startup stuff going by. It's helpful at times (which I suppose is why
it's traditionally appeared at startup to begin with).

Thanks.

--
        Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com