No more 686 and smp optimized kernels?

Hervé Fache Herve at lucidia.net
Mon Sep 25 23:14:29 BST 2006

On 9/26/06, Constantine Evans <constantine at evanslabs.org> wrote:
> There is a related development issue. Hervé Fache replied to Matt
> Zimmerman's original post very late (around the 27th of August)
<snip>

Now I know the identity of the one person who read my post ;-)

Indeed the -k7 kernel was doing better under load, and a lot better in
one particular case. But I remember Matt saying that they were going
for it, even before I had a chance of running the tests, one the basis
of reduced maintainance costs.

Too bad!
Hervé.

P.S.: I might re-run the tests for 2.6.17 if I am given a -k7 kernel
for it (<- hint).