Missing EOLs [Re: Do you pay attention to duplicate bug triaging?]

Micah J. Cowan micah at cowan.name
Thu Sep 21 21:50:57 BST 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 02:59:07PM -0500, Scott Dier wrote:
> It saw this line:
>
> I agree with HervÃ: I find this important and useful...
>
> and I think then it decided to convert it into base64 -- did your mailer
> send it as base64 or perhaps its an odd conversion.  Thunderbird seems
> to view it fine, though.
>
> I also noted this:

Aha. So it /is/ on my end. I'm not sure whether it's my MTA or my MUA,
though. I suspect the X-MIME-Autoconverted thing is my MTA: the format
(and inclusion of the hostname) smells a bit like it might be my
Sendmail.

Well, I've been looking for an excuse to overhaul my mail server and
update my on-server copy of mutt. Looks like this is my opportunity!

Thanks for helping me root out this trouble, folks.

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/