NetworkManager?

Soren Hansen sh at linux2go.dk
Mon Sep 18 21:47:59 BST 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 08:40:10PM +0000, Sam Morris wrote:
> >> * you have any wireless card other than an Intel IPW 2100 or 2200,
> >> or an Atheros card supported by madwifi-ng
> > Do the wireless- config keys in /etc/network/interfaces work in this
> > case?
> Yes, at least for the case of an rt2500 device using WEP.

But it doesn't work with NetworkManager? This puzzles me. The wireless-
config keys are translated into command line arguments to iwconfig,
which AFAIK are translated into wireless extension calls to the NIC, yet
NetworkManager also uses the wireless extensions by means of libiw28..
What is the magical difference here?

--
| Soren Hansen    | Linux2Go                  | http://Linux2Go.dk/ |
| Seniorkonsulent | Lindholmsvej 42, 2. TH    | +45 46 90 26 42     |