kubuntu knot3 results

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Mon Sep 18 07:49:12 BST 2006

Constantine Evans <constantine at evanslabs.org> writes:

[...]

> vimrc.tiny sets compatible. I don't have an installation that doesn't
> have the full vim installed, so I'm not sure about how this works when
> only vim-tiny is installed. I imagine that compatible is always set in
> that situation, noticing the complaints of others. It certainly would
> appease most vi users to have nocompatible instead of compatible by
> default. Is there _anyone_ who wants compatible set by default?

Yes, absolutely.  I know dozens of people who dislike vim intensely
because they routinely use behaviour that 'nocompatible' breaks.

Heck, I know some who drag around the v7 vim because newer versions
changed behaviour they were used to. ;)

Are they Ubuntu users, or the target audience?  Probably not, but they
definitely exist, and there are good reasons why they might be
supported.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/