dash ( and the new world order )

Pavel Rojtberg pavel at madman2k.net
Fri Sep 15 09:53:04 BST 2006

Brandon Holtsclaw wrote:
> I know its not "right" for them to expect non-posix from a /bin/sh but
> it has been there for so long on so many systems its become defacto and
> there isn't anything wrong with either way.
for one it does not behave like described in the POSIX standard and
additionally it is slower, so I would say it is wrong.

And I still fail to see the third-party argument. If they don't want to
get speed improvements/ rewrite their code, all they have to do is add
"ba" to "/bin/sh" and they're done.

Pavel