X conf - way too many screens.

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Thu Sep 14 16:57:26 BST 2006

I know this is a Debian thing, however...The other day I installed
Dapper for someone and when they took it home of course their display
didn't work.  They needed to run dpkg-reconfigure on the X server.

I sat down and took screen shots of the steps necessary to get this
running...wait for it...30 yes 30 different screens just to get X
running.

I'm really hoping something can be done for Edgy or Edgy+1 because this
is **way** too much information for a new user to absorb.

George Farris   farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Malaspina University-College

"Giving up Windows is like kicking a drug habit...."
"No, it's more like leaving the Titanic for an Ice Breaker."