Compiz integration

Fabio Berta fabio at berta.ch
Wed Sep 13 12:59:52 BST 2006

Hi

I'm seeing that Compiz is getting integrated a bit in Ubunutu. It's even
mentioned in the Knot 2 Release Notes. But I think it's a very bad idea
to use the Quinnstorm CVS tree rather than upstream. She made some
strange decisions lately, like dropping gconf and replace it with a
configuration tool named csm. So you can't change settings without this
tool. Also she accepts many unstable plugins. She also introduced a new
new window decorator, which isn't that bad, it just so different from
upstream. I think one should call the Quinnstorm tree a fork.
My opinion is, that it would be better to use upstream's tree as a base
for ubuntu packages.

Greets
Fabio