Can we fit *ubuntu into one CD?

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 12 10:22:22 BST 2006

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 12.09.2006, 10:27 +0800 schrieb Joel Bryan Juliano:

> Yeah, I think the "common apps" approach is really tricky, I myself
> want Epiphany be default for Ubuntu.

its a possibility we reviewed for edubuntu and had to drop sadly because
of epiphanys hard dependency on firefox. as long as firefox is needed
for it you wont gain any CD space.
xulrunner would be an option but would break our "no sourcecode
duplication in main" policy since its the identical code just without
the firefox gui parts ... additionally maintaining firefox alone
(including frequent backports of security fixes etc) takes nearly a full
persons workhours, we simply dont have the ressources to maintain the
same source twice.

ciao
	oli