32-bit Firefox (Re: How long will 64bit Ubuntu users have to wait?)

Scott Dier dieman at ringworld.org
Sun Sep 10 04:17:11 BST 2006

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>> I love Ubuntu, I have it as my main desktop. I also use it as a server. I am
>> also active on the forums helping 64bit users and beginners where I can. I
>> have written howto's on how to install 32bit firefox with plugins, and wine
>> to 64bit.
>> I have asked this question a few times. Now I'm asking it here. How much
>> longer will 64bit systems users be second class citizens?
>
> The correct solution to this problem is 64-bit plugins, in which case we
> need to petition Adobe (almost every issue of this type seems to lead to one
> of their plugins).  More voices increase the likelihood of this happening.

Is anyone working on packaging nspluginwrapper?  I'm thinking of testing
it in our environment soon.

http://www.gibix.net/dokuwiki/en:projects:nspluginwrapper

nspluginwrapper along with a pack of 32 bit apps should work for now and
not exact too much pain, I hope.

Thanks,
--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org>