upstart -- call for wider testing

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 19:34:18 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 20:12 +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> Results of testing upstart so far have been entirely positive, and the
> next step is that it will be moved into main and replace sysvinit in our
> default install.
>
> Scott

I might have found a show stopper!  sbackup is freezing on restore (or
at least appearing to freeze).

I couldn't boot after installing upstart.  That fine, things break in
edgy.  But when my backup fail to restore correctly my blood pressure
raises to unhealthy levels.

Happened on edgy current.

I'll post a full bug report on malone as soon as i figure out what is
going wrong

dfarning