proposal: internet-cafe software

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 09:00:43 BST 2006

On 10/23/06, Alexandre Strube - UAB <surak at surak.eti.br> wrote:

> This subject of cybercafé is good enough to spawn a new version of
> Ubuntu - a cafébuntu, if you want :) which would work as a live cd or
> one that would install itself way quicker than the current one, without
> asking too much, and already prepared for the café environment, so no
> configuration on the "terminal" side is required.

Agreed. Since a cybercafé environment never comes with only one machine, I'm
wondering about the possibility of directly providing an FAI image for this,
so people can just install an FAI server really quick, and deploy the OS on
all their machines (provided they have PXE on all the machines, but then
it's the same requirement for LTSP iirc).

Raphaël Pinson - raphink at ichthux.com
http://www.raphink.info
Ichthux - http://www.ichthux.com - Linux for Christians