Major bug in Edgy?

George Farris farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca
Tue Oct 24 18:53:06 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-24-10 at 13:01 -0400, Saad Shakhshir wrote:
> Read this bug report:
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/linux-restricted-modules-2.6.17/+bug/30766
>
> It may be related.
>
> Besides searching for bugs on launchpad, look for help on the users
> list, IRC, or at www.ubuntuforums.org  Posting to this list does not
> give more attention to your bug.

Yes I did read about the firmware issue but that didn't seem to be the
problem.  The card works.  The problem is if a new users swaps network
cards and there is no hope in hell of configuring it then, well... you
can basically guess what the out come is:-)

Also this seems to be an issue related to configuring network cards in
general and at this late stage in the game probably affects more than
just the 650.  I appreciate you endeavours to get this off the devel
list and I really have been trying to not post things in that last
little while.  Your gentle urging has helped, thank you for being
tactful.  I do feel that as much exposure as possible before Edgy gets
released is helpful, however, I will now refrain from posting any and
all information of this nature.

One last question, how does one search for all bugs in Edgy only?