So I cleaned out the spam trap...

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at
Fri Oct 13 02:55:49 BST 2006

On Oct 11, 2006, at 10:58 AM, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 12:06:54PM -0400, Simon Law wrote:
>> I'm unsure that most on the BugSquad would be interested in this.  I
>> don't see many people trawling through closed Debian bugs trying to
>> tie them into Ubuntu bugs.  Especially when we have new bugs of our
>> own to process.
> The idea is that someone should notice if an important bug is closed in
> Debian whose fix we should consider pulling into Ubuntu.

The Launchpad model is that where a bug also exists in Debian, you can
link the Ubuntu bug report to the equivalent Debian bug report. Then if
the bug is fixed in Debian first, Launchpad will notify you.

That way you don't have to trawl through a list of bugs fixed in
Debian. On the other hand, you do have to link Ubuntu bugs to their
equivalent Debian bugs in the first place.

- --
Matthew Paul Thomas
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)