Ubuntu Book help menu entry

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 11 15:43:59 BST 2006

Matthew East wrote:
> Daniel has asked me to move the Ubuntu book extracts to the website at
> https://help.ubuntu.com. I have started getting this ready, and it
> should be done soon. When done there will be a link to the book extracts
> on the page https://help.ubuntu.com/6.06/index.html

I think it should then also appear as a link from
https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10

Jono was saying that they were working on some updates, but I'm not sure
if that involves making it up to date or just fixing errors.

> Once this is done, it strikes me that it may be unnecessary to maintain
> the menu item in the System->Help menu. There is already a link in that
> menu to "Online Documentation" (the help.ubuntu.com website) - do we
> need a separate one for the book extracts? I think it certainly
> simplifies things for users to be able to be able to have one link for
> the documentation that can be found online.

I agree. And I assume that will then take you to
https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10 by the time we release (where there should
then be a link to the latest book stuff).

Henrik