Is Ubuntu going to adapt Ice Weasel?

Soren Hansen sh at linux2go.dk
Wed Oct 11 10:11:10 BST 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 01:48:39AM +0200, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:
> > I humbly submit that the Ubuntu community should follow their lead
> > and keep Ubuntu FREE, in all senses of the word.
> There’s always the option of IceWeasel in main, Firefox in restricted
> (or multiverse, or commercial).

If the reason for having a package called "firefox" is so that people
will recognize it, this won't help much, I think. I think the set of
people who are inclined to enable commercial or multiverse is almost
equal to the set of people who will soon figure out that "IceWeasel" is
in fact a Firefox in disguise and hence, we will have achieved nothing
more than more maintenance overhead.

--
| Soren Hansen    | Linux2Go                  | http://Linux2Go.dk/ |
| Seniorkonsulent | Lindholmsvej 42, 2. TH    | +45 46 90 26 42     |