Painless Re-installation Plan for people moving to Ubuntu

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 10 13:53:21 BST 2006

Please fix your mailer to follow up without breaking threads.

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 03:52:15PM -0700, Ian Soutar wrote:
> I know you can do this on the non-live install but it used to work
> perfectly in the first release of dapper until someone decided to break
> it. There is NO DEVELOPMENT work involved. Just put that install back to
> the way it existed in the original Dapper release.

I'm afraid you misunderstand the situation rather badly. It did not work
perfectly at all. The way it was caused dozens of bug reports due to
crashes, which I had to deal with. I'm afraid that I'm not interested in
supporting such a fragile configuration, because I'm the one who gets
flooded with bug reports when it breaks.

Cheers,