How long will 64bit Ubuntu users have to wait?

Kilz _ kilzzz at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 2 18:35:09 BST 2006

>From: Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com>

>This thread doesn't seem to be productive anymore; all of the open
>questions
>have been answered and nothing new has been raised in some time.  It would
>be best to discontinue the thread.

There are a few questions that I don't think ever got answered. Do you or
does anyone have a guess as to when multiarch will make it into Ubuntu in
the future? Even in some limited capacity. Will Ubuntu wait indefinitely on
Debian to implement it?
Secondly you mentioned in another email that the ability to run 32bit
packages may be removed at some point. Can you resond here as to why? What
purpose would it serve to limit 64bit users ability to modify Ubuntu to
their needs? Especialy since there are less packages avilable for 64bit
compaired to 32bit.