Non-free drivers (Re: Invitation to ubuntu developers)

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 02:50:13 GMT 2006

On 11/29/06, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I don't know which upstream you mean; Ubuntu has many upstreams and they
> have differing opinions about this subject, as do its users.

The vast majority of kernel folks have made their opinions clear, the
x.org folks have a bugzilla category for proprietary drivers, but they
go essentially ignored, and the preponderance of mesa folks appear to
like Nvidia and their 'incidentally' different GL libraries even less
than the kernel devs...  If that's possible.

Does that cover upstream?

--tim